Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Holland Rescue Mission

I can't believe March is here already--it feels like February FLEW by! You all know what that means--time for the new feature to be announced!

This month I will be talking about the Holland Rescue Mission, which is a non-profit that has created faith centered programs to help the homeless people in our area. They have two different locations, one a center for men, and the other a family/women and children center. I have had the honor of touring and working at each of them, and I can't wait to tell you guys all about it.


When I first decided to feature the Holland Rescue Mission I was a little nervous. I didn't know what to expect, and I was afraid that hearing the stories would be too much for me. After my first visit, I was left feeling completely inspired. These people are making things happen--they are helping the homeless by giving them the tools to change their lives around. I can't wait to tell you all about their programs and the things I've seen!

This month, I will be doing another can food drive. As you may remember in January we did one for Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes with the goal to fill my entire car with food. We were able to collect enough to fill my trunk, which was awesome! 

But...I've been thinking of ways to make this month bigger--this month we ARE going to fill my car. In one of my other lives, I work at a wonderful apartment community in Holland, and my boss has agreed to do a resident event to collect food! 

SO we are hosting a BINGO night for our residents, with the admission being three cans of food! I am so excited to see the outcome of this! Of course, I will still be collecting canned goods from the rest of you as well :) Let me know if you'd like to donate and we can arrange a time to meet (spennerphotography@gmail.com)!

If you'd like to get a head start on this month and learn more about the Mission, click here to visit their website. Otherwise, stay tuned for more posts from me :)

Be the change. Make the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment