Monday, March 14, 2011

how to help Japan

As many of you know already, last week there was an earthquake in Japan, resulting in a tsunami which devastated the country. It has taken lives and left many stranded and/or homeless. 

I was intrigued by a TV special about the disaster Friday night, but disappointed watching it. There was very little about what was happening over there. Instead, they spent their time talking about how it's possible for something like this to happen here.


I get it, we should be concerned as well--prepare ourselves more, build our buildings the proper way. But I had to turn it off because I just couldn't believe how little attention they paid to what has already happened.

Yes, we should be prepared, but we have to help those that this has already happened to. 


The American Red Cross provides shelter, food and support to those who have been effected by natural disasters. As much as I would love to get on a plane and go start saving the world on my own, I know there are others trained and far more prepared to do that than I am. 

As of right now, the Japanese Red Cross has not requested any blood assistance from the American Red Cross, but you can provide financial support at this time. This money will go toward providing needed items, first aid and shelter to those in Japan. 

Click here to visit the American Red Cross website and make a financial donation.   

Be the change. Make the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment