Thursday, June 30, 2011

the difference -- Matthew and Andrew Akin Foundation

This month, while featuring the Matthew and Andrew Akin Foundation, I encouraged people to become a bone marrow donor, and also raised awareness for Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH). While it was a month where the results were not tangible, I know that the results may make the greatest change of all. They may save a life.

My best friend Kim joined the bone marrow registry with me without hesitating a second. She wants to save the world too, and while I love her endlessly for so many things, this is one of my favorite things about her :)

Kim&Me

And as I mentioned previously my sister donated her cord blood last week when she had her first child, Joslyn. This too amazed me, since I can only assume having your first child is stressful enough already...but Jackie and her husband Joffrey were completely selfless and made the choice to donate--to save a life.

Jackie&Joslyn

Since there are only two people, I will not be doing a raffle like I had planned originally. Instead I will be sending both of them a gift card as a thank you for making a difference this month.

If you are still interested in joining the National Marrow Donor Program click here.


Or if you would like to make a financial donation to the Matthew and Andrew Akin Foundation to support education and research for HLH and the Ronald McDonald House of Cincinatti, click here.

Tomorrow I will be introducing the feature for July!

Be the change. Make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment