Monday, April 30, 2012

the home stretch

My 5K race for Safe Haven Ministries is right around the corner--less than TWO WEEKS away! I can't believe it's almost go time!

So far, we have collected $668 for the women and children of Safe Haven. I've decided not to be mad at myself if we don't reach the $1,000 mark, which was my original goal. Six hundred dollars is a lot of money to give to a non-profit...and if I hadn't somehow gotten roped into running and bugged all of you enough, Safe Haven would not get that money. And they can do a lot with $668 :)

You and I have given SIX days to one family in the shelter at Safe Haven. OR counseling services to two different women who are struggling in an abusive relationship. OR provided eight different women with safety planning and crisis-intervention services. 

These are great numbers. This has made a difference. And we aren't even done yet.

I learned a long time ago that I can't save the whole world. I can't fix all of the problems and I can't solve every person's issues. But I can help fix a few of them. Without YOU, I couldn't have made it this far.

A special shout out to good family friends Linda and Ross for your donation! Thank you both for your constant support :)

If you still need to make your donation click here to make an online donation OR send a check straight to Safe Haven at: 3501 Lake Eastbrook Blvd SE Suite 335 -Grand Rapids, MI 49546  with my name in the memo line.


Be the change. Make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment