Wednesday, April 25, 2012

running for jenny

As race day approaches I am getting more and more excited. It seems like FOREVER ago I agreed to take on running, raise money for Safe Haven Ministries and change my life forever while doing so. And now here we are, just a few short weeks away!

I just got an email from the Development Director of Safe Haven, Susan. She told me about "Running for Jenny," which is a team that is in honor of Frank, Becky, Kamrie and Jenny Heeren, whose lives were taken on July 7th by Jenny's husband, Rodrick Dantzler. After Dantzler terrorized the city of Grand Rapids, killing seven people total, the Heeren family choose Safe Haven as a recipient of memorial donations.

Jenny and her family will now forever be remembered by the people at Safe Haven. She stands as symbol of so many victims of abuse who have lived with violence and fear for too long.

If you would like to make a donation to Safe Haven in honor of Jenny and her family, click here to go to my fundraising page. 

Be the change. Make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment