Monday, May 21, 2012

life after the race.

Action Sports Images

So far in 2012, I have been focusing a lot on training for my race and Safe Haven Ministries. Now that the run is over, and we raised $1,200 for Safe Haven, it's time to figure out what is next for the old blog. It's been a year and a half since I've been writing on here, and a lot has happened. Instead of going back to the 2011 style and doing a different non-profit every month I want to mix things up a bit.

I will still be featuring different non-profits--writing about them, visiting them and taking pictures. I stand behind one of the main reasons I began here...because part of the problem is that not everyone knows there is a problem. If you don't know about an issue or a non-profit, how do you help? So, I will continue to bring you new ways to save the world, and welcome any ideas you have of organizations I should work with.

I also want to talk more about little things you can do to change the world. So many times people claim they don't have the time to volunteer or make a change. But it doesn't have to be a huge commitment, in time or money, to change someone's life. 

Last but not least, I need to get back to telling you about how this all really started. There are a lot of things that happened to get me here, and I want to tell you about them. So stay tuned, the rest of 2012 is going to rock. And you and I are going to save the world :)

Be the change. Make the difference.

1 comment: