Friday, May 18, 2012

troops

There were all sorts of people dressed up at the River Bank Run. We started next to a group of mohawks and tutus, and passed crazy socks, home made t-shirts, no t-shirts, even a wedding veil. But obviously the most impressively dressed were these guys and gals:


There were several of them that ran the race WITH their gear on...aka an extra 70lbs! I suppose it's what they need to be able to do, in order to do their job....but can you imagine?

I was ready to pass out by the end...I clearly do not have what it takes to be a soldier. I have the utmost respect for people in the service for several reasons, including the fact that they can run a 5K with all their gear on. No way I could do it :)

Stay tuned...next week we move to life after the race!

Be the change. Make the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment