Friday, June 22, 2012

the purple post.

So the other day, I was walking to work and passed one of my favorite residents, Shannon. She is always so happy and nice, and today she asked how I was doing. Then she said "You look really nice in purple," and went about her day.

I'm sure she thought nothing of complimenting the color of my shirt or the way I looked. But it completely put me in a good mood and started out my morning on the right foot. 

I wonder how many people's days, or even their attitudes would change, if they just had one nice thing like that said to them. I know usually I will think 'Oh that's a cute necklace,' but saying it out loud is not something I'm used to. I want to get better about saying things like that. Because after all, why wouldn't we want to make someone's day?

I challenge you to do the same, and then tell me about it. I love to hear stories, and you may even make it on the blog :) [bethechangemakethedifference@gmail.com]

Be the change. Make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment