Thursday, July 19, 2012

mom.

My mother is a great woman. She has always supported me, loved me, listened to me, took care of me, and inspired me in many different ways. She always puts everyone else first, and has always looked after others, strangers or friends, no matter what.


And even before I began trying to get all of you to do more RAKs, she was already doing them :) Here is her story about what happened to her last winter:


I was driving into work on one of the few cold snowy days we had in January and passed a lady on a motorized scooter stopped on the side of the road leading into our building.
I stopped and asked if she was okay, she replied that she was alright except that she was cold.  She had no hat or mittens and was only half way to the doctor's office and I had no idea how far she had already come.
I continued on to work.  After punching in and getting to my office, I checked with the receptionist at the main desk to see where this patient had gone.
Walking to the lobby on the other side of the building, I found her and gave her my gloves and scarf, hoping it would help her stay a bit warmer on her ride back home.


Email me at bethechangemakethedifiference@gmail.com if you have your own RAK (random act of kindness!) story so I can share it on the blog!


Be the change. Make the difference. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Jessie . . . . I like thinking about RAK's . . .

    ReplyDelete