Wednesday, August 15, 2012

the loot so far.

So my friend Ashleigh teaches at Great Lakes Academy in Pontiac, and as you know I am collecting school supplies for her. This coming year, she will be teaching third grade. Our donation will hopefully be big enough to help her class, as well as the other classes in the school. 

Here is what Ash had to say about her time so far as a teacher:

"My first year of teaching was incredible!  It is by far the most
challenging yet rewarding adventure in my life.  I love each of my
kids- their personalities are amazing and they have taught me in
return. Thank you for your support and encouragement!"

 Here is what we have collected so far: 

*3 small hanitizer bottles (what my niece Sidney used to call hand sanitizer)
*1 giant hanitizer bottle
*24 (24 pack) of crayons
*2 boxes of band aids
*2 containers of disinfecting wipes
*3 hand soaps
*40 folders
*25 spiral notebooks
*3 boxes of Kleenex
*20 pens
*66 #2 pencils
*3 scotch tapes
*12 glue sticks
*1 sticky note pad (LOVE sticky notes!)
*2 (12 pack) colored pencils
*3 (10 pack) markers
*5 (150 pack) of wide ruled paper

This is A LOT of stuff already! And we still have a few more weeks before the delivery date! If you have a donation you would like to get to me, email me at bethechangemakethedifference@gmail.com and we can set up a time. Lets make sure EVERY child at Ashleigh's school is prepared for this school year!

Be the change. Make the difference.

2 comments:

  1. I plan to get some things to you Jessie . . . I will see Barbie on Friday and try to give them to her? Anything different not mentioned above that would be helpful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. More sanitizer, kleenex, band aids....those would be great! Thanks Lynne!

    ReplyDelete