Wednesday, January 9, 2013

pay it forward.

I was recently looking at different news sites and websites for ideas to feature on the blog when I came across Fox17's Pay It Forward page.

At first, I was really excited to see their Pay It Forward campaign start. I hardly ever watch the news because it's always sad stories about death, war, politics, etc. I was happy to see something positive being reported in the news and interested to hear all that they came up with.

However, upon looking at their page I realized the last feature was almost two weeks ago. Some of you might be thinking two weeks isn't that big of a deal. Well, consider this: there were eleven posts just in the past twenty four hours about death, war, politics, etc., not including the almost constant updates on some of those stories. And that's just on the web page! 

That means on the website, for every 154ish negative stories, there is ONE positive story featured.

If you actually take the time to watch a news cast the numbers are even worse. Keeping track tonight, I counted SEVENTEEN sad stories, and ONE story of Pay It Forward or positive things.

How is this okay? I understand the need to inform the community on what's happening in the area, but does it all have to be so bad, all the time? I'm all for having a positive segment and naming it something trendy, but wouldn't it benefit more people, effect more people and actually make a difference if it was used more than one in seventeen stories?

I suppose I'll just keep trying to find the good things for you...and I'll get off my soap box now too :)

Be the change. Make the difference. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment