Wednesday, December 4, 2013

a huge donation

My wonderful brother and sister in law, Jay and Kate donated a box full of toys that their kids no longer use. All of the toys were in great shape, so I decided to wrap some up and take some to the office. 

The ones that I wrapped will be given out at the family shelter, and the ones unwrapped will be at our main office for families to choose from during appointments or given to our clients in ongoing programming. It's essential to have all of our HRI locations overflowing with presents. 

There are so many people in need in our area. AND while talking to one of the case workers at our office, I realized there are people in need who I didn't even think about. For instance, a family we assist is in a custody battle currently. Since custody is not figured out yet, neither parent qualifies for gifts through some other gift giving organizations during the holidays.

Get your items to me so we can keep this box full! Or click here if you would like to donate items to our Rickman House for residents in ongoing programming there. 

Be the change. Make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment