Monday, February 3, 2014

walking home.

By now you have all heard my ramblings about my work at Housing Resources, Inc. I was offered a position there almost a year and a half ago, and quickly realized it was pretty much my dream job :) I spend all day running around with a handful of other passionate people, trying to help the homeless population in Kalamazoo County. 


HRI helps these people by either taking them off the street/out of shelter and helping them become stably housed, or preventing them from being evicted from their current housing. We are a non-profit that depends on federal and state grants, as well as donations. 

On March 22, we are having our annual fundraiser, WALKING HOME to end homelessness. I just set up my fundraising page and am hoping to personally raise more than last year ($418)...and our overall organization goal is to raise $100,000. 

If you would like to make a donation click here to go to my page and/or you can let me know if you want to WALK with us and you can make your donation then. In the next month and a half, I will be telling you more about all we do and why it's so important for us to reach our goal this year.

Be the change. Make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment