Friday, September 26, 2014

I'm baaaaack!

So, I've been away a while. Which I'm sorry for. And I know this happened before and I said I was coming back, and I came back but went away again....and I'm sorry.

Last time, I had a good excuse. I was preparing for the biggest day of my life... marrying the best man in the world.

This time, I'm not sure what happened. 

I think the bottom line is I have gotten really bogged down. I'm not sure that's the correct term for it or not. I started to get really busy at work, and I felt like I couldn't possibly think of any more sad things after juggling bad stories and desperate people all day. I had no energy left to think about others needs at the end of the day, because by then I could hardly manage my own. 

Things have calmed down a bit, and I am working on a new, less chaotic program at work. One where I don't feel like I can't breathe if I don't get everything done. One where people are a little less desperate, because they are not yet to the places I have been working in all this time. They haven't yet had to face a shelter instead of a roof over their head. It's still crazy, but there is more calm.

So, I'm back again. And things may be a little different and a still a little scattered. But it's been on my mind to write again, maybe to help my thoughts process in a healthy way, if nothing else. I hope you'll stay with me :)

Be the change. Make the difference.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, you're back. How about some knitting posts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Going to hunt down how I can knit for tiny babies at the hospital here...that saves the world, right?!

    ReplyDelete