Wednesday, November 19, 2014

random acts of kindness.

I work with a great group of ladies. Our agency over all is only twenty or so women, and one man at our main office.

But the housing side is where only the strong survive.

There are eight of us, and two receptionists and we by far have the hardest jobs. These ladies come to work day in and day out, ready to stare chaos in the face and handle it in the most professional, caring way possible. They work for pennies and get very little appreciation, but they still show up every day. I'm convinced the agency thrives because of them.

They care and get knocked down, and they still answer the phone again, and continue to care. They sit calmly across the table from clients with mental health problems, felony charges, credit issues, no money at all, bed bugs, severe depression, domestic violence bruises, developmental problems, disabilities, and/or anything and everything in between,  and they listen. They listen to whatever story comes out, whatever tears, anger, rage, sadness comes with it, and they give hope.

If I were a millionaire, I would give raises to every social worker in the country. 

I'm not a millionaire, so I bought chocolate. Chocolate always helps. It's the little things people. 

Have you done a Random Act of Kindness lately? Or received one? Let me know! I want to hear about it. Email me at spennerphotography@gmail.com and I will put you on the blog :)

Be the change. Make the difference.  

No comments:

Post a Comment