Monday, December 29, 2014

mended little hearts

Mended Little Hearts help families who have a little one with congenital heart disease in West Michigan. They help families by providing support systems, educating the community about the disease, providing support to expecting families and advocate on issues that improve the lives of those effected by the disease.
from Mended Little Hearts Facebook Page

There are several different types of congenital heart diseases or defects, but it occurs when the heart or blood vessels around the heart do not develop normally before birth. Not every type of congenital heart disease requires surgery, some may just have to be monitored and meet with a cardiologist regularly. There are many treatments available now to help the heart perform at it's best for kids that suffer from these issues.

I cannot imagine. We have eleven nieces and nephews now, and I cannot imagine seeing any of them have to battle any form of this disease. As someone who is excited to be a mother in the future, this terrifies me. 

I have been trying to focus on the aspects of things that I can change, that I can make a difference with. So instead of feeling sad for this sweet little boy, or worrying about the 'what ifs'....I will knit. Red hat after red hat after red hat, to help those families currently battling those with this disease. It's the least I can do.

Between my mom, aunts and I, we have eleven done. If you want to help click here for more information, and get those needles going!

Be the change. Make the difference.  

No comments:

Post a Comment