Monday, January 12, 2015

locks of love!



The day is finally here! Today I donated my hair to Locks of Love, an agency that makes wigs for children suffering from long term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. It is the third time around for me, but the change is still shocking!

Here is my last day of my long curls before donating it all away :( Sad, but at the same time very excited to donate it all because most days, it drives me crazy and is ALWAYS in my way.

So, off to the salon we went again. First step is carefully making tiny pony tails that measure at least ten inches from tip to tip. This time, we made six tiny pony tails... 

Carefully measuring...

Then carefully chopping them off!

This is by far, the longest my hair has been since childhood. The final length is way longer than it has been after previous donations, so I'm happy :) 

AND, so will some child who is fighting the battle of their life and wants a wig to help lift their spirits.

If you have at least ten inches of hair to spare and would like to help someone in need, click HERE to get more info on making a donation. Does your hair not grow long enough to donate? Click here to make a financial donation and/or find other ways to help this great organization. Thanks to Jody for the great cut, Mom for taking pictures and Kim for the moral support. You guys rock :)

Be the change. Make the difference. 




1 comment: