Wednesday, March 11, 2015

a few of my favorite things

A few of my favorite (slightly random) things have happened this week!

First, I finally got a picture of my sister's second donation of cord blood! When she had Maddie almost a year ago now, she had already signed up to donate her cord blood. This blood can be used to help cure patients with things like leukemia and lymphoma who are in need of a life saving transplant. Usually, this is just thrown away....so why not donate it to save someone else? Click here if you want more information and you have a bun in the oven/may have one soon :)

Also, said sister donated to our Walking Home fundraiser at work, and is planning to attend! AND her childhood BFF Martha also made a donation!

If you want to make a donation to help house the homeless population in Kalamazoo County, click here. OR please join us for a short 5K walk beginning at our family shelter, the Eleanor House, to help raise awareness. 

Thank you to both Jackie and Marfa-Body for being such amazing role models to me for all of these years. You are amazing! Two separate people donating to two different, really great causes, makes me really happy!

Be the change. Make the difference.

2 comments:

  1. You are such an amazing person, Jess. I am extremely proud to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that is so sweet :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete