Saturday, April 23, 2011

Empty Bowls

Remember Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes? They are the organization I featured in January (click here if you somehow missed all of that!). They are the local food pantry in Kalamazoo, and their Empty Bowls event is coming up!

Prairie Ridge Elementary School is hosting the annual Empty Bowls event on Friday, April 29 from 5:30-7:30pm for Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes. 

The public is welcome to come enjoy a hearty meal of spaghetti and garlic bread donated by Sodexo. They also will receive a child’s handmade bowl, and may participate in the silent auction of professionally made bowls. 

Admission is $5 per family. All the proceeds go straight back to Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes. Click here to see a map of where Prairie Ridge is located.

ALSO, I will be collecting water bottles this week. I've decided to extend the deadline until May 7th as I have several bottles around the state to collect and count! So email me to arrange a time for me to get yours! We are at $285 right now....I know we can make it to $700!

Be the change. Make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment