Sunday, October 9, 2011

christine

So, at work we are collecting "Pennies for the Girls" to raise money for Susan G. Komen for the Cure, and last week as I was starting to set up our table my friend Christine came in. She is seven and very curious and naturally asked what "Pennies for the Girls" meant. The easiest way I could think of to explain it to a seven year old is that we were collecting money for girls who were sick with breast cancer.

She took another look at the table, looked at me again and said "Well I get money every now and then for doing chores around the house...like feeding the cat and cleaning and stuff. Maybe I could bring some of my money in, if it is going to help them."



And my heart just melted. Sure enough, the next day she came marching into the office with somewhere around $1.50 in her hand, and put it in the jar. 

I hope my kids are like Christine someday. 

Lets all take notes from this awesome seven year old, and step up to make a difference! Send your pennies or Yoplait PINK lids my way, and stay tuned for more ways to help this month! Don't worry, our display will look much better when I'm finished with it tomorrow--updated pictures coming!

Be the change. Make the difference. 

2 comments:

  1. Really cool to be inspired by a seven year old especially when one is in their seventies.

    I think this should give us all a push . . . what if we all gave a few $1.50's? Sounds like a good idea to me!

    ReplyDelete