Monday, April 16, 2012

the final countdown

Time is just flying by and with a little less than a month to go until the River Bank Run--here's what's going on.

I have been running the full 5K the last few times I have gone for my runs, and for the most part it's going well. I still struggle toward the end, but usually if I focus on why I started running in the first place I can get through it. I think of the women and children at Safe Haven who are running from someone they love who is abusing them. And how the money we've collected won't solve all of their problems, but will do a ton to help them start a new life. I think of them and suddenly my 31 minute run seems like a lot smaller of a problem. 

Thanks to my rocket scientist cousin, Drew, and my Aunt Maggie (who has not donated once, but TWICE now) we have raised $608 for Safe Haven Ministries! We are getting closer and closer to the $1,000 goal but we are running out of time! If you haven't made your donation yet and would like to click here to go to my fundraising page. OR you can mail a check to: 3501 Lake Eastbrook Blvd SE Suite 335 - Grand Rapids, MI 49546 with my name in the memo line. Thanks Drewbert and Maggie for your support--you guys rock :)


Be the change. Make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment