Monday, February 7, 2011

love at first sight

For those of you who know me, you know that I am not very much of an animal person. I mean, I like going to the zoo. But pretty much anything with fur makes me sneeze and my eyes itch.

Needless to say, I was a bit nervous about my trip to the Harbor Humane Society. But I took my medicine, and faced the music.


And then this happened:


The picture is not that great since I had just enough time to realize what was happening and snap a picture before my thigh was clawed a few times. I was in a room full of little white and black kittens, from two different litters. And I really almost convinced myself I could live with a cat and not die from allergies....because I wanted to take this little one home SO badly. But I resisted, because I really think I would die.

I tried to find all the white and black kittens on PetFinder, which is where they put all of the animals up for people to adopt, but I don't think they have been added yet. 

Since I can't live with any of these animals, I am determined to help them one way or another. As I mentioned before, I am selling photographs this month, with all the money going towards the Harbor Humane Society. 

Each photograph is $17. Which can buy approximately ONE big bag (and a half) of dog or cat food. Which will last HHS approximately ONE day. I want to help fill this little closet for them...because when the food runs out, the animals don't get to eat.


Click here to go to my Etsy shop, where you can purchase one (or all three!) photos being sold this month. The ones labeled "BTCMTD" will have the money go to Harbor Humane Society. I can ship them anywhere -- OR you can buy them in person from yours truly :)
 
OR click here to browse PetFinder and look for someone to adopt. Or click here to donate straight to HHS on their website.

For the rest of the month I will be featuring different animals at the shelter, telling you what HHS is about, and giving you MORE ways to help! Happy Monday :)

Be the change. Make the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment