Friday, April 1, 2011

Clean Water For The World

I am really excited about the feature for April you guys, it's an organization called Clean Water For The World, out of Otsego, Michigan.

They provide simple adaptable water purification systems at no charge to communities that do not have access to clean drinking water. Each system costs $700 to install, which is where we come in :)

I was trying to think of a creative way to raise money this month, and I thought I'd have no trouble getting a school or church to do a penny drive. Turns out, they are all already doing one or doing a different fund raiser right now! 

So, I was trying to think of ways to do my own coin drive of sorts, but make it a little more fun. At first, I thought of how I leave spare change EVERYWHERE, and I was going to challenge you all to see how much money you had just laying around. However, talking about this with some close friends/family, I realized I'm close to the only one who does this. Yikes!

So, I was back to square one, again. Luckily, Aunt Barb came in with a great idea--to hand out water bottles for people to collect coins in!

Check and check!

So, this month, I will be handing out water bottles, which I have cut a hole in for you to dispense the money into. My challenge to all of you is to fill a water bottle, or two...or three....to help this wonderful organization. My goal is to raise enough money to pay for one whole system--that's right--$700!


I know we can do this! All you have to do is just put your spare change in the water bottle instead of whatever you normally do with it--then bring the water bottle to me at the end of the month. If you're not in the area, you can use your own water bottle, or make a financial donation on your own by clicking here to go to Clean Water For The World's website! 


Email me at spennerphotography@gmail.com if you would like a water bottle! I would also LOVE to see your water bottle's progress throughout the month, so send me some pics!

Every 15 seconds a child dies from a water-borne disease.

This is not okay.

Be the change. Make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment