Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Feature :)

As you all know I have decided to extend April's feature of Clean Water For The World to give me more time to collect bottles and count money (we've almost reached $600!) But, time marches on...and while I am still collecting for last month, it is time to introduce May's feature!

For May, I decided to find an organization that supports troops since Memorial Day is this month. So, I will be talking about Any Soldier :) 

Those of you that know me personally know that I am not a political person, and my intention is not to start a debate here. This is not about republicans or democrats--or if this war should still be happening or not. This is about love. And I believe above all of our own opinions, we should always show one another love, no matter what

Despite your political party or thoughts about what's happening on the other side of the world right now, the bottom line is that our people are there. Our brothers and sisters, our friends, our relatives. Every person I know knows someone who has been or is in the service.


So this is about supporting each other. Supporting the people on the other side of the world who are putting their lives at risk right now for us...and leaving the politics out of it :)

Any Soldier is an awesome organization that helps people send care packages and letters to those in the service. I'll tell you all about how it got started and how you can help (we even have our own troop that we'll be supporting!!). I'll also be featuring people I know who have been/are in the service! Stay tuned for more details!



Be the change. Make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment