Thursday, May 5, 2011

tips on shipping


If you are interested in shipping on your own to the unit from Any Soldier, here are some tips for you:



*DO NOT mix hygiene and food products in the same box. Pick one or the other to ship--if they are mixed the food will taste like soap by the time it arrives!

*Flat rate boxes are going to be the way to go -- you will pay postage only to either New York or San Fransisco. Cost will vary depending on the weight.

*Packages must weigh less than 70lbs and be smaller than 103 inches in total length and girth.

*Be sure to pack tightly and tape the box A LOT -- it has a long way to go!

*Things you CANNOT send include: obscene articles, firearms, any matter depicting nude or semi nude persons, bulk quantities of religious material contrary to the Islamic faith, pork or pork by-products


For any other questions you may have regarding sending care packages, click here to go to the AnySoldier website. 

Care packages require a little bit of work, so again, if you don't feel like doing it, just send your donated items my way and I will ship it for you! Or simply WRITE A LETTER! Letters are the most requested item from soldiers!

I sent my first letter out today...I'm trying to be creative with them so I had Eli, the four year old I babysit for, draw pictures of his favorite things. The pictures included the Polar Express, flowers, and a crane. Then I just wrote a little something about these our some favorite things that you fight for every day, with a big THANK YOU on the front :) 

One of my favorite Eli faces :)



Easy as that! Please email me at spennerphotography@gmail.com if you need the address for our unit!



I'll be back next week with the first soldier feature and finally the total for CW4W! 


Be the change. Make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment