Thursday, July 14, 2011

my morning at KFB

We are back in business! I finally have my new computer up and running, so lets dive right into my visit at Kids' Food Basket.

I showed up for my tour, and Christine, the Fund Development/Community Outreach Coordinator showed me around. They moved into this new building not even a year ago, and what they have done with the place is amazing

This room is where all the magic happens--all the sorting, packaging, and making sandwiches. You can literally feel the energy right when you walk in.




Luckily, I was there in time to see some volunteers in action! The wonderful staff from Bistro Bella Vita in Grand Rapids closed down their restaurant for the morning and all came to KFB to package suppers. 


On top of that, from July 12-August 13 they are collecting 100% juice boxes AND allowing people to donate to KFB when they pay for their meal. How wonderful :) I've never been to the restaurant, but you can bet I will be heading that way next time I'm in GR!




If you and/or the company you work for would like to volunteer at Kids' Food Basket too, email Christine at christine@kidsfoodbasket.org

KFB is the only hunger relief organization working with elementary schools to provide evening meals to children in Kent County. THEY NEED OUR HELP! 

Stay tuned to find out more about my tour, what you can do to help, and why it's so important for you to do so. 

In the meantime, you can make a financial donation to KFB by clicking here. I also still have two sets of tickets to the Whitecaps game on July 28th to give to the first people to bring me 100% Juice Boxes! And last but not least, if you haven't done your birthday shopping for me yet, click here to see what I want for my 24th birthday!

Be the change. Make the difference.    

No comments:

Post a Comment