Monday, August 8, 2011

heart of west michigan united way

So I'm back after a crazy wedding weekend--sorry for my absence! But congrats again to my brother Nate and his lovely lady Lindsay :) 

Lets jump back into it...

The Heart of West Michigan United Way is a part of over 1,300 United Way chapters across the nation. Their mission is to "advance the common good" and do so by creating opportunities for a good life for everyone in the community. They connect people through giving, volunteering and advocating and also work closely with other organizations to address problems and uncover the causes of them.

Some of the key initiatives that they focus on are: the Kent County Tax Credit Coalition, First Steps, Essential Needs Task Force and Schools of Hope. I will be talking about all of these in detail in the following posts and how YOU can make a difference!

As a reminder, I am collecting school supplies for the Schools of Hope Stuff the Bus program this month! If you need the list of items they are asking for, click here. The basket at work is already filled from the awesome residents that I work for...I'm so proud :) Lets fill another one!

 
Be the change. Make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment