Thursday, January 5, 2012

the new year.

I feel as though I should explain where this blog is going in 2012. It will be a different year from 2011 in a few ways. First, I will not be featuring a different non-profit each month, but instead will be focusing more on little ways you can make a difference. I want to show you that donating or doing something great doesn't have to be a huge commitment or financial burden. Little things can make a huge difference in another person's life. 

Secondly, I hope to get a little more personal. I have always enjoyed writing from an early age, and while I am not the best writer, I hope one thing or another is good enough to inspire you.

And last but certainly not least, I have two big things happening in 2012 that I will need your help with. My first goal is to donate my hair again to Locks of Love. At this point I have about 8 inches I'm willing to part with, and I need 10. I'm hoping to chop it all off sometime in the summer...that is if I don't go crazy and shave it all off before then :) I'll need your help keeping me away from a salon until then. AND if you are interested in donating with me, please let me know. My cousin Leah is already on board, and I can't wait! 

The second goal is running the 5K in the Riverbank Run in May. I will be doing fundraising from now until then for Safe Haven Ministries in Grand Rapids, and all along training to survive the run. Right now I can run two miles and feel like I hit a wall at that point.....and I need to run 3.2 miles! So any words of encouragement or advice are much appreciated. I will have more info on how to donate and Safe Haven Ministries coming up! Hope the New Year is treating you well so far!


Be the change. Make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment