Thursday, May 26, 2011

inspired

I just found this stat on the Any Soldier website -- as of May 16th, they have served 1,931,708 troops! The more I think about this story and how Any Soldier was started, I'm amazed. If you missed the post, click here. It is the determination and drive behind Marty and Sue that have effected the lives of so many troops. 

Their son who at the time was stationed in Iraq, was passing his own care packages from his mom and dad along to soldiers who did not receive any mail. To have a family this small see a problem, create a solution and make this big of an impact is awesome. I mean really, 1,931,708 troops got letters/care packages/support because of them! 

I also found this quote on their website, which I thought I would share with you:
"It is a letter, maybe even a box, addressed to a particular Soldier, Marine, Sailor, Airman, or Coast Guardsman, that will change the day of that Warrior. I can tell you for a fact, that a simple act like that may not only save the life of that Warrior, but affects the morale of the entire unit."
Marty, Founder of Any Soldier

These people and this story has inspired me. I hope someday to have changed so many lives.




I finally sent out the care packages this week...and yes, the custom forms are a hassle. BUT it was totally worth it because I know they will brighten a soldier's day. 

If you would still like to send a package or letter to the troops, email me at spennerphotography@gmail.com. Or visit  Any Soldier to make a financial donation. Happy Memorial Day to all of you :)


Be the change. Make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment